Tuesday 8 May 2007

An eccentric life in hats



Such sad news today, as I learned about the mysterious death of Isabella Blow, eccentric style icon and living embodiment of how Philip Treacy hats SHOULD be worn!

I still have an enduring image of when we saw Isabella at Paddington station, surrounded by trunks, hat boxes and flustered porters, on her way to her train. She looked every inch the glamorous star - a little more steam and whistles and you would have sworn it was Marlene Dietrich in "Shanghai Express"...

The world is a little less stylish, just a little less fun without her.
RIP.

Read her obituary in the Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]