Sunday 27 May 2007

Give me fever!

The awesomely talented Miss Peggy Lee would have been 84 today...



Born Norma Dolores Egstrom, the lovely Peggy had a fantastic musical career as a singer-songwriter, from her early debut with Benny Goodman, to fame and fortune with songs like Fever, A Good Day and the soundtrack of Disney's Lady and the Tramp.

There aren't many queens even today who cannot sing along to at least one Peggy Lee number, not least thanks to the fact that her songs, or her versions of songs, have been covered by artists as diverse as Debbie Harry, Nancy Sinatra, Rita Moreno, Petula Clark, Bea Arthur, Sarah Vaughan, Elvis Presley, Bette Midler and Madonna!

But somehow, I think her rendition of this superbly sardonic Lieber and Stoller classic remains my all-time favourite:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]