Friday 8 February 2008

A classic of our gay history



We are currently in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender History Month.

I hope to pop along to a couple of the events - this Sunday I plan to be at Central Station in Kings Cross where DJ Ray Reynolds will present a feast of great moments from our gay history caught on television & film including Phil Starr, Dockyard Doris, Mrs Shufflewick, Les Dawson, Larry Grayson and Kenneth Williams.

And talking of great drag artists of television history, the wonderful Stanley Baxter is often overlooked when we come to recall such things. But his shows were so spectacular, so clever, and so well observed that they deserve a particularly special place in any history of the genre:


LGBT History Month February 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]