Friday 28 March 2008

Astleymania

I was reading today about a nerdy phenomenon that has caught on in hyperspace. Originating with students in America (which could explain loads about their education system), the recipient clicks on a link that purports to be something else - a comedy clip, joke or new online game perhaps - and what they get is a video of Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up.

Dubbed "Rick-rolling", it has brought seven million viewers to dear old Rick’s YouTube video, and I assume it is meant to force the unsuspecting victim to have this infectious classic locked into their brain for the rest of the day:


It works...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]