Saturday 16 August 2008

Anyone would think it was the Queen’s birthday...



Across the gay world today, you can't go into a bar or turn on the radio without a Madonna song playing. For of course, it is Our Glorious Leader's 50th birthday!

Madonna's music has always featured significantly in the course of my own gay life - Like a Virgin was out when I had up until recently still been one (!), Vogue was released at the point at which I left a bad relationship and rediscovered my life, Another Suitcase Another Hall coincided with another period of rediscovery when I left Wales for good, and Ray of Light was when I just met Madam Arcati...


And Madge is still around churning out great music (even if it is bit more hit and miss recently) today! Gawd bless ya ma'am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]