Tuesday 16 September 2008

The BBC "Just Says No"



And so, another chapter closes on classic British television, as the very last ever episode of Grange Hill aired on the BBC yesterday.

This was probably one of the most influential children's programmes ever - and certainly in its early years I was glued to it. For several years I had a sneaking crush on Tucker Jenkins (which soon faded after Tucker's Luck when Todd Carty's hair started falling out and he began to resemble a giant eyebrow); its various characters (remember "Row-land"? "Trisha Yates"? "Gripper Stebson"?) and storylines were certainly memorable...

RIP another class act (boom boom):





Grange Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]