Saturday 20 June 2009

"If you're going to be a degenerate, you might as well be a lady about it"



Happy birthday today to the wonderful Olympia Dukakis, one of my favourite actresses. This lady is one of a rare breed, for if ever I see her name in the credits, I know that a film is going to have at least one scene worth watching!

Although her film career stretches all the way back to the 1960s, it was really only in the 80s that the world took notice of this feisty little Greek mama, in films such as Moonstruck and Steel Magnolias.

But it is for her Emmy-award-winning performance as the enigmatic Mrs Madrigal in Tales of the City that we love her the most, of course (although I must admit her cameo in Jeffrey as the proud mother of the "pre-operative transsexual lesbian son" is perhaps one of my personal favourites!). Here are a few small clips of the talent that is Olympia Dukakis...




Olympia Dukakis on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]