Monday 25 January 2010

"I love you! I want to bear your children!"

It is another Tacky Music Monday, folks! And here is a wonderful slice of campness courtesy of the lovely Lola Heatherton!

Who? I hear you ask...

A combination of kitsch US showbiz favourites Lola Falana and Joey Heatherton, our "Lola" was a regular character on the late 70s/early 80s Canadian comedy program SCTV, which also featured a variety of bizarre impersonations and characters played by the likes of John Candy and Rick Moranis. Catherine O'Hara, who portrays her, is a wonderful character- and voiceover actress who had roles (or voices) in such movies as A Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Home Alone and Over The Hedge.


Excellent stuff!

Read all about SCTV

Lola Heatherton Wikipedia entry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]