Tuesday 2 March 2010

You make me smile with my heart



We are still unable to get into our flat today as apparently there is still no loo, and the carpets are only being laid this afternoon.

Sigh.

So even though we are finally leaving the kind hospitality of Baby Steve and Houseboy Alex and their lovely caravan in Essex this afternoon, it seems we will be taking up residence for at least one night in another of our landlady's flats in North London. This means no internet (except when I get back to work tomorrow) for a while.

Double sigh.

Never mind, we'll have a (hopefully) lovely refurbished flat to go back into, it's a another sunny day and the tan isn't fading yet! So today I feel like some mellow music - and as it is the 60th anniversary of the birth of a lady with one of the 20th century's sweetest pop voices, Miss Karen Carpenter, here she is duetting with another of those all-time classic singers, the sublime Miss Ella Fitzgerald... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]