Monday 26 April 2010

"Leave your troubles...outside!"



Madam Arcati, with the benefit of the annual BFI membership my sister bought him as a birthday prezzie, booked us to see a special members' showing of my all-time number one favourite film Cabaret last night!

Mere words cannot describe the influence this divinely decadent movie had upon me when I first saw it in the late 70s or early 80s - the magnificent Kander & Ebb songs, the genre-breaking atmosphere of sleaze, Bob Fosse's choreography, the chilling social upheaval that forms the backdrop to a weird doomed romance, the divine Michael York, and of course the Oscar-winning combination of Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey!

Suffice to say I was overjoyed to see it again on the big screen...


Cabaret on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]