Tuesday 27 April 2010

Sock it to me, sock it to me!

Happy 71st birthday today to the "Sock it to me" girl from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In Miss Judy Carne!



Unbelievably to us now, its non-stop corny jokes and sketches made Laugh-In a worldwide sensation in the late 60s, laying the ground for such manic classics as Banana Splits, and providing a platform to launch the careers of such modern greats as Goldie Hawn.

Northampton-born Judy's career never quite reached those Oscar-winning dizzy heights. She was married for a while to Burt Reynolds (one of four husbands), later admitted that she was bisexual, and retired from showbiz after a life-threatening car crash in the late 70s to (hopefully) a happy retirement in the UK.

Here, for your delectation, is Miss Carne's bizarre cash-in single based on "that" catchphrase - enjoy!


Judy Carne's autobiography "Laughing on the Outside, Crying on the Inside"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]