Thursday 22 April 2010

There's ringing in my ears



It's not very often that I feature rock guitarists - "legendary" or not - here at Dolores Delargo Towers. However, I sometimes make allowances for the pin-up fantasies of our youth. And in this case, a certain Peter Frampton - who celebrates his 60th birthday today - certainly fitted that bill for some of us (he was apparently one of Madame Acarti's early wank fantasies).

It meant little to me at the time - I barely remember the furore that his Frampton Comes Alive album caused during the long hot summer of 1976, being far more into Noosha Fox and 10CC (I was only just a teenager after all)...



However, I digress. Here is his most famous song - which in many people's memories is an anthem of the scorching heatwave Britain experienced 34 years ago. Mr Frampton himself is alive and well, and releases a brand new album Thank You Mr Churchill on 27th April this year. I shan't be buying it, but here is a little memory of that magnificent summer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]