Sunday 6 June 2010

Sparkle dust

Had a fabulous time in the sunshine this weekend - Regents Park on Friday and Kennington Park yesterday - and I am suitable browned and tingling. Shame about the torrential rain last night! I got drenched...

Anyhow on Friday, winding my way down on Baker Street, light in my head and dead on my feet, I happened upon a lighting shop near Selfridges and immediately fell in love with this exquisite object:



A must for every dream home, I reckon - and a snip at five grand! I can dream, can't I? If only those six little numbers would come up.

Then my life would forever be chandeliers, sweeping staircases, Busby Berkeley, evening gloves, Dimitri Chiparus, sparkle dust, bugle beads, ostrich plumes, ankle straps, Maribou, Shalimar - oh, and dance spectaculars featuring Mitzi Gaynor, Chita Rivera, Raffaella Carra, or indeed Sylvie Vartan...


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]