Sunday 7 November 2010

What I am is what you want of me



Many happy returns to the stunningly beautiful and eternally cool Sharleen Spiteri, 43 years young today.

I have always had a great love and respect for this woman ever since her chart debut on I Don't Want a Lover way back in '89. I saw her live (singing acapella!) at the last free Pride Festival on Clapham Common in 1997, and again at the Proms in the Park in 2008. Despite her recent solo efforts however, her glory days remain fixed in her years as front-woman for Texas.

Their White On Blonde remains one of the greatest of all albums ever recorded (in my honest opinion, anyhow). And it is for this classic - one of my favourite records, ever! - that I remain eternally grateful to this marvellous woman. Sublime...



Texas and Sharleen Spiteri website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]