Friday 18 March 2011

A spark, to light the dark



Lest we forget my weekly round-up of new and/or interesting choons for your delectation, this week appears mostly (once again) to focus upon the Electro end of the musical spectrum - and why, indeed, not?!

Always very welcome here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the fantabulosa Human League have another new song out (despite making no dent whatsoever with their last one, Night People, in what passes for the current music scene in the UK. Not being adept at singing R'n'B, and thankfully not featuring Rhianna, GaGa or Katy Perry, I suppose they have no chance with the morons who buy records these days).

Never Let Me Go is from their new studio album Credo (their first since 2001) which is released on Monday 21st March. I love it!


Next up a song that sounds like it should be a tribute to our own, our very own Depeche Mode by an ensemble by the name of Parralox:


A very sweet number by the very sweet-sounding Purity Ring. Until you realise the title of the song is Ungirthed, of course.


From "ungirthed" to the charmingly-named "Suck Shaft"... I'm getting a bit hot under the collar here!


And finally some pretty boy singer in a band called Diagram Of The Heart, who have released a most lavish video for their newest single If I Were You (which is extremely catchy indeed!):

1 comment:

  1. I have been listening quite a lot to Human League in the last couple of days and I am looking forward to "Credo". I loved "Night People" and I think this is going to be a pretty good album.

    I LOVE the song from Parralox as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]