Thursday 5 May 2011

The long wait for Kate...



Kate Bush has admitted that the length of time it takes her to release an album can be "extremely stressful".

Speaking to the BBC, the singer - whose last album, Aerial, came out in 2005 - said she had written new songs but did not know when they would be released.

Speaking to Radio Four's Front Row arts programme, the singer denied she was a perfectionist in the recording studio.
"I don't think I am," she said. "People have said this, but I don't think I really want anything to be perfect.

"I think it's important that things are flawed,"
she continued.

"That's what makes a piece of art interesting sometimes - the bit that's wrong or the mistake you've made that's led onto an idea you wouldn't have had otherwise."

Bush described her new material as "work in progress", but was unwilling to say when it might see the light of day.

"Even if I was able to talk about it now, it might completely change in a few weeks and so would no longer be relevant."
As we wait, here's the new single Deeper Understanding from her forthcoming album of reworked songs from Sensual World and The Red Shoes - Director's Cut:


Pre-order your copy of Director's Cut from Amazon

6 comments:

  1. I´m not sure how I feel about the new single. It seems fine for the first couple of minutes, but then it seems to just drag on. Maybe I need to listen to it a couple of more times...

    Kate is also re-releasing "The Dreaming" and "The Hounds Of Love" this month - hopefully remastered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that it is a bit of a jolt in comparison to the original 1989 Sensual World version (it's two minutes longer for a start!), but I still love it - it's new work forom our Kate, after all - even if it is a re-working... (And any video that features Robbie Coltrane strangling that smug git Noel Fielding has my vote!)

    It will be intriguing to see if the new versions of The Dreaming and Hounds of Love are messed around in the same way - I hope not! They are two of my favourite albums. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe these two are the original albums, but hopefully in a new remastered verions. "Hounds of Love" is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already ready ordered the album, along with the Remasters of those 2 albums - I have grown to like the new version of Deeper Understanding but I'm still not sure if I'm going to love the new album - some of the songs she's re-working are among my favourites from her - Moments of Pleasure, This Woman's Work, Never Be Mine but as she says the Mojo interview - the original versions of these songs are still there if you don't like her new takes on them just listen to the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do get annoyed with this site when it expects me to remember my password and that word check - its not like I'm opening a bank account - I'm posting a comment - Rant over :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kate - if you don't like her remakes, just listen to the originals...

    As for the security on Blogger, if you have a Google password (which you get for uploading to YouTube as well) you only need to log-in once, and the Captcha is against spamming (which does happen on any site). Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]