Thursday 25 August 2011

All wound up and ready to play...



Time once more for me to share with you, dear reader, some of the newer tracks that have been meandering through the echoing corridors here at Dolores Delargo Towers...

Let us open with a very warm welcome for the return of Mr Will Young, who has decided to go all "upbeat" and electro with his new album Echoes, apparently. It has taken weeks for this to grow on me, but I have really taken to his new single Jealousy. (And the cute acrobat in the video helps, too...):


To follow, something a bit funky. It's Shake Aletti (aka Steve Nicholls from Sheffield) with his infuriatingly catchy new single Inside Out:


This one rocks! The "voice" of Iio (they of the wondrous mega-classic Rapture from 2001) Nadia Ali - almost certainly the only Libyan artiste who has ever had hits in the US and UK - returns, with Starkillers and Alex Kenji in tow, with a new single Pressure:

Nadia Ali - Pressure (Alesso Radio Mix)

As any fule kno, we here at Dolores Delargo Towers are always overjoyed to discover some new trash-tastic wannabee-diva, preferably from somewhere exotic. Fitting the bill perfectly is the remarkable Milana, the newest protégée of Russia's equivalent of Simon Cowell, Maxim Fadeev, with the wonderful Love On My High Heels:




Let us finish with someone that I reckon might well "float the boat" of one or two of our esteemed friends (John-John and little Tony, are you there, dears?). It's the very naughty Matt Zarley with a hunk-tastic video for his coyly-titled WTF! [Thanks once more to Marc at Deep Dish for the introduction.]


Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Will Young song and have already promised myself to buy the album (I have all his others).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy of Will Young's new album is already in the post, can't wait to hear it. Check out my post about Will Young at Come Into My World (http://teddi78-comeintomyworld.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John-John - no comments on the rest of the songs? Not even the hunky Mr Zarley?

    Teddi - good to have you back, sweetie! I will be checking out your blog a.s.a.p

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think Will (not so) Young looks like he has his lips on upside down, love the acrobat though.

    The Shake Aletti is very jolly, Pressure (Alesso Radio Mix) nice and housey. Loved Maria Callas in the s & m vid.

    But WTF! truley fab. Its made my day

    Thanks for posting
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Will Young single instantly - I think it's one if his best songs.

    I got my signed copy of the album (:)) on Monday and was surprised it wasn't as electro as the reviews suggested … seems he wanted to keep his regular fans happy too.

    Although having said that one of my favourite tracks : Outsider, has no beats at all but is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the thought that Willy Young has his lips on upside-down! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. IMO Will has had some good singles in the past and his Friday's Child album was pretty good. Never been a fan though, but the new single is very, very good. The album is going in at number 1 on the UK charts today, I think (with the single charting at number 3). Not bad.

    I love the Shake Aletti song as well, and I have always had a soft spot for Nadia. And we all love to discover some tacky new "divas" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]