Thursday 15 September 2011

Spin that disc...



Once more, it's time for a little update on the newer music I have discovered recently, and once more it's a little trek around the world...

Opening the whole shebang is the brand new single from Israeli geniuses The Young Professionals (whose fantabulosa version of D.I.S.C.O. I featured back in July) - the superb 20 Seconds, its video once again featuring the marvellous gender-bending Uriel Yekutiel:


A constant source of inspiration to all bloggers everywhere, the lovely Thombeau over at form is void has been on a bit of an Etienne Daho kick recently, which inspired me to seek out a little more of the French musical genius than I already knew.

And so it came to pass that I discovered this catchy little number that the great man released just recently in France. Featuring a lady by the unlikely name of Calypso Valois, here's the rather fabulous Amoureux Solitaires!


Travelling North, here's a rather good new Swedish artiste - Emmon, with her Siouxsie-esque new single Slottet. [It means "castle" apparently]:


Back to Blighty. I have really tried to persevere with the new Erasure song When I start to (Break it all Down), but it has not yet hooked me in. It just doesn't sound Erasure-ish enough! Thank heavens for Steve Smart & Westfunk...


And to finish we're off to Spain! [Not literally, more's the pity...] with one of that country's top DJs Sak Noel with his bizarrely catchy Loca People (What the Fuck):


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I obviously LOVE The Young Professionals - and I really like the new Erause song as well. I dont think it is a very good choice for an intro single though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time on your blog and bam : I discover there's a new Etienne Daho song out there ! Thank you :) I love "Amoureux Solitaires", huge hit by Lio in 1980. The song was written by Elli & Jacno, an interesting singer/songwriter real couple whose early 80's videos are on youtube. And there are worth watching :)
    Merci encore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry - I agree, the choice of single by Erasure is bewildering...

    Soyons-suave - you are most welcome! This recording is apparently part of a whole tribute album to the late Jacno, and, I have discovered that the mysterious Calypso Valois is none other than the late, great man's daughter! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]