Monday 19 September 2011

Twiggy, Twiggy

Another day, another dollar...

It's back to work time again, folks! I am looking forward to tonight's Polari, but after a hectic weekend I am in need of something extremely kitsch to lift my spirits and get me through the day.

What better (on this, the 62nd birthday of the lovely Twiggy) than this marvellous little tribute to the lady herself by a mad bunch of Japanese artists calling themselves Pizzicato 5?


I guarantee you'll be singing this all day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I havent heard this song in years! Loved it then, and still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy Polari tonight - is it the shortlist? My money is on DJ Connell - hope they don;t hold it against her that she's in New Zealand and not Soho. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice song but I don't think I'll remember the words … lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. need to sing along:

    Sono toki denwa no beru ga
    Watashi neko mitai ni shabetta
    Terebi no volume sagete
    Watashi uso mitai na koe de

    Twiggy no mini skirt de
    Twiggy mitai na pose de
    Twiggy no mini skirt de
    Twiggy mitai ni yassepochi no watashi

    ***************************

    I was waiting for about three hours
    My cat and I

    At the time the phone rang
    And I chatted away just like my cat
    I turned down the TV and
    Talked in a fake voice

    In a Twiggy mini-skirt
    In a Twiggy-like pose
    In a Twiggy mini-skirt
    Skinny like Twiggy that's me

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tune stayed with me … lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]