Saturday 22 October 2011

The master of the cheesy Calypso



As we celebrate the remarkable survival of one early 20th century star, (see my previous blog about Joan Fontaine), so another old-timer has popped their clogs today.

At the remarkable ripe old age of 100, we at Dolores Delargo Towers are rather sad to hear of the death of Edmundo Ros - the man who brought Latin Music to drizzly Britain!

I featured a few of his songs when I blogged about his centenary last year, but in memoriam to a great master of the cheesy Calypso, here are some more of his classics to lighten our Saturday evening...




And off he goes to the great Cha-cha-cha in the sky... RIP Mr Ros.

BBC obituary

2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute! His music really "takes you away." RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed! I really need a holiday, but the music of Mr Ros is the next best thing, I suppose... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]