Wednesday 16 November 2011

Thought for the day



Fascism rules...

Read the latest ridiculous Nanny State proposal
First they came for the smokers, and I did not speak out - because I was not a smoker;
Then they came for the motorists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a motorist;
Then they came for the drinkers, and I did not speak out - because I was not a drinker;
Then they came for the restaurants and cafes, and I did not speak out because I didn't eat out;
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak out for me.

3 comments:

  1. Me and Owen were on about this yesterday. If cigarettes are so bad, why don't they just ban them altogether? They don't, because they love all of that VAT which, if they ploughed it ALL back into the NHS along with the VAT from booze we would have a health service that would be state of the art. But they don't. And of course there's no mention of the deaths caused by the cars themselves because motoring is an acceptable risk. And breathe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course, it's all "for the sake of the kiddies". Little bastards probably cause more accidents than smoking any day... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Jon

    It is as if freedom of the individual and and civil rights only apply if you agree with the state

    The hypocrisy of the arguments beggars belief

    t

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]