Sunday 22 January 2012

Queen of Tap



In memory of Miss Ann Miller, who died eight years ago today, I have created her a brand new "exhibit" in the Dolores Delargo Towers - Museum of Camp.

Over here I feel like sharing some more of my favourite performances of hers...


A magnificent 1989 performance of 42nd Street:


Her last stage appearance, aged 75, in Follies (1998):


And finally - I really can't believe I have never featured this, possibly my favourite piece of kitsch TV EVER, the "Love Boat Follies" (in which she does diva battle with Ethel Merman, Della Reese and Carol Channing!)...


Magnificently camp!

RIP, Miss Miller.

2 comments:

  1. Loved that Love Boat clip!
    Oh that Ethel! And that fabulous Annie!
    Just saw a coming attraction at the movies about a documentary about Miss Carol Channing. Not sure when it opens but I don't plan on missing it. Looks like a major hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a fabulous collection of divas - I adore it!

    As for Miss Channing'd film documentary - there is a bit of a sad back story, but I do hope it is released soon! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]