Sunday 29 January 2012

Such a drag



"Adam Sandler's latest comedy is shallow, scatological, lazy, crass and brazenly commercial. That's not news. But "Jack and Jill" may also mark something more significant: the moment when cinematic cross-dressing officially stops being funny."

And so begins What a drag: the death of the cross-dressing movie, an excellent article from Steve Rose in The Guardian.

I have always loathed Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, Eddie Murphy and their ilk, and the unfunny "comedies" they appear to prefer starring in, and Mr Rose gives them a deserved kicking.

Well done, that man!

6 comments:

  1. Indeed. Mr Rose has not a bad word to say about that one... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate all these people too! Miss Vida Boheme would NOT aprove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot recall a single moment when I found him funny, no. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't find them funny. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me.
    I just don't get them, at all. And never did.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]