Wednesday 29 February 2012

Miss Shore goes into battle



"I never wanted to set the world on fire. So I never had to burn any bridges behind me." - Dinah Shore

Today would have been the 94th birthday of Miss Dinah Shore, American variety show darling, and a fine singer to boot.

She is, however, somewhat drowned out while attempting to do battle with two of the great voices of the 20th century - Ella Fitzgerald and Dame Joan Sutherland!


A bizarre combination...

Speaking of bizarre combinations, Miss Shore was for several years during the 70s in a relationship with none other than Burt Reynolds, who was 20 years her junior. Her various relationships were the tabloids' dream.

She was in fact, despite her "squeaky-clean" TV persona, a bit of a girl!

Dinah Shore Fan Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]