Saturday 31 March 2012

Amsterdam is Gezellig



For no other reason than today I am feeling a bit reflective, and missing the city of Amsterdam so much (our current impecunious situation has meant we haven't been abroad since February last year!), to cheer myself up a bit my thoughts have turned to Holland's most spectacularly camp "super-group" De Toppers...

I have of course featured the superb entertainers Gerard Joling, René Froger and Gordon Heuckeroth several times before - here, here and here.

Here they are again performing to a packed stadium (in 2007), in suitably understated costumes as always, with their trademark traditional Hollandse Medley:


Their concerts on 17th, 18th and 19th May 2012 have already sold out the Amsterdam Arena. Oh, how I wish I were going...

De Toppers

Article on the Dutch word "gezellig"

2 comments:

  1. God I miss Amsterdam and after watching the fab vid If I could I would pack our bag and we would both be there this afternoon

    We will have to make do with Gerard Joling, René Froger and Gordon Heuckeroth to keep our spirits up - bless um

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless um, and bless Amsterdam! We really must try and get there by hook or by crook... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]