Sunday 6 May 2012

Ny popmusikk



It's cold, it's grey, it's depressing - it has to be a Bank Holiday weekend! Time to cheer ourselves up by playing some of my more recent musical divertissements...

When divas collide, #486 in a series... With a nod to Barbra and Donna here, and to the "funky happy house" sounds of the 90s there, the singer-turned-UK TV regular Michelle Williams (of Destiny's Child fame) has teamed up with one of our fave dance divas here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the powerhouse that is Ultra Naté! The result? The rather fabulous Waiting On You:


On the last miserable Bank Holiday weekend (Easter), I recommended the Laidback Luke remix of the ever-wonderful Dragonette's new single Let it Go. Now it has an official release, here is the excellent video:


The peculiarly-named Mr Little Jeans (actually a Norwegian girl by the name of Monica Birkenes) has a corker of an electro-retro new single out, and I love it. Here's Runaway:


Speaking of electropop - with its thumping Human League/Goldfrapp sound, strident Goth vocals and a healthy slab of Divine decadence, the new single Love Machine by Mollyhaus has a little bit of just about everything I love thrown together! The accompanying video featuring vintage smut is just perfect...


Just because I love it, here's the Offer Nissim remix of Queen Madge's brilliant current single Girl Gone Wild [Thanks, Henry!]:


And finally, eternal thanks to Mike over at Pop Trash Addicts, who introduced me to the supremely talented Valerio Pino - most famous for fucking Ricky Martin - and his brilliantly trashy new single GogoStar! I'm impressed (even if Mike is not):


As ever, enjoy - and let me know your thoughts...

8 comments:

  1. I don't hear any sound on the Madge clip - will check it out on youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works for me! Madonna just hates you :-) Jx

      Delete
  2. she can join the back of the queue ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent selection. I love Ultra Naté (her version of the Pointer Sisters classic "Automatic" is still a big hit in the Galaxy!). Somehow I never seem to quite like Dragonette, but I suspect that their latest might win me over after a few listens. The Mr Little Jeans track is a pleasant little number and the Mollyhaus track is good, despite sounding a bit too much like Goldfrapp. The Madonna remix if of course awesome and IMO the very best of the bunch.

    The only one I dont like: the last one, which is a bit - erm, dreadful! But thankfully, we all have different tastes.

    Already looking forward to your next selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the selection, sweetie!

      Where Mr Pino is concerned, I was trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek...

      Jx

      Delete
  4. Perhaps the video also helped things greatly in your case??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes did rather "prick" up... [Especially at the thought of him topping Ricky!] :-) Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]