Sunday 24 June 2012

Chansons d'amour



Time once more to visit some of the newer choons I have picked up on lately.

Just for a laugh I thought I'd open with something that - had it featured Legs and Co dancing to it - would probably sit more comfortably in my regular "Tacky Music Monday" slot. It's a brand new remix by DJ Dave Audé of Stand By Your Man! What on earth would Tammy think?


Swedish band Straight Up! are obviously anything but [straight]. I've loved them ever since their oh-so-subtle single Twink two years ago. Their Show The World Tonight was the anthem of Stockholm Pride last year, and this Pride season they're back with another pumpin' anthemic dance number Family:


The trio calling themselves The Face are certainly "proud" - so much so, their clothes just fall off in this video! The single Love Stuck is a fabulously catchy number reminiscent of Alcazar, which is a good thing, and I like it!


Keeping up the (blood) pressure in the contest for "sluttiest gay artist" with Johnny McGovern aka Gay Pimp, Noo Yawk's finest Cazwell returns with Rice and Beans - and one helluva sexy video!


To calm us down a little after that, the magnificent Pet Shop Boys' new single Invisible catches the boys in one of their extremely wistful, sombre moods - truly beautiful, but perhaps much more suitable for a late-night chill-out session than the record-buying X-Factor generation...


And finally, the find of the week - here's a most hypnotic and ultra-fabulous single called The Witch by the clunkily-named Dombrance featuring Sourya (who? They're both French, That's all I know.). Electro-tastic!


Once again, enjoy - and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. It seems Invisible is just a taster from the PSB new album, the first single is the Olympic themed song "Winner" which will get it's première next week on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall listen out for it! What did you think of the rest of the selection? Jx

      Delete
  2. The X-Factor generation is hardly worthy of the Pet Shop Boys! That said, "Invisible" sounds more like a b-side than album material, but I love it none the less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PSB can do no wrong, but I have yet to hear any of their other material from the new album... Jx

      Delete
  3. I have been listening to the PSB, Cazwell and Straight Up! tracks for a while now, love them all (although "Family" is just a random collection of part from at least four other songs, including "Self Control" amongst others). I love the rest as well - but PSB are by far the best one IMO! So glad that they are still including songs like this one on their albums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - I recognised the mix of influences in "Family" as well, but fab nonetheless. And yes - Pet Shop Boys are always a class apart! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]