Tuesday 9 October 2012

Poupée de Cire







Heavens! The Queen of the yé-yé filles France Gall is 65 years old today!

I have (of course) featured the lovely Mademoiselle Gall before, and indeed she featured in my tribute to the artform that was yé-yé back in July.

However, we can never have enough of her particular brand of coquettishness here at Dolores Delargo Towers...

So, without further ado, here is the lovely Mlle Gall looking suitably excited to have her very own Scopitone - it's Baby Pop:


In this clip of Teenie Weenie Boppie she appears to have discovered "The Summer of Love" big style...


And finally - and featured here again for the simple reason I absolutely adore this song so much - here is the track that (briefly) resurrected her career in the 80s:


France Gall on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]