Monday 3 December 2012

Mooie meisje



Aaaaargh! It's Monday, and my first day back to work after two weeks' rest'n'recuperation following my operation. Needless to say, Mama's not in a good mood...

Nevertheless it is another Tacky Music Monday, and I have a really convoluted "connections" one today. Not only have I discovered yet another new wannabee diva (much as I did on Wednesday with Ethel Ennis), but she is also a Dutch legend (as are Friday's Doris and the Pins), and she was, during the 1950s, also a contestant in the Eurovision Song Contest (as featured on Saturday). Whew.

In celebration of the lady's 80th birthday today, here for your delectation is a double-bill of Miss Corry Brokken! Firstly with The Shepherds...


...and here she is, for some unfathomable reason (hilariously) suspended in mid-air in a crate at the docks, manfully trying not to look terrified while singing the jolly So ist die Liebe, Mon Ami:


I hope that cheered you up at the start of another working week - have a good one!

Corry Brokken on Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. thank you for putting on something Dutch ,
    great fan of your pages and,
    as I've always been a sucker for vintage USA and UK tunes (listened to it under my bedsheets on Radio Luxemburg and still now watch in my bed on BBC4 fridaynights),
    I do steal quite often from your suggestions on my own weblog at www.queerlog.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, dear, welcome to my world! Jx

      PS If you would be so kind as to add my blog to your list of links or tell people about it so they come and visit and comment, that would be kind!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]