Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy Heart



Having just listened to the most marvellous tribute by Barbara Windsor on Radio 2 (we had recorded it) to the whirlwind that was Miss Dorothy Squires, I felt it appropriate to feature more of the great lady's magnificently camp performances. [The bit when she adjusts her bra-straps is priceless!]

[Songs: Happy Heart; For Once In My Life; The Man That Got Away; If I Could Go Back; The Impossible Dream]

[Songs: All I Need; Younger than Spring; My Way [plus interview]]

We can never have enough Dotty in our life!

Back in June 2012, we went to see the fantabulosa Al Pillay in a musical about her turbulent life Dorothy Squires: Mrs Roger Moore, which I hope will make a return to the stage in London soon.

More Dotty here, here and here.

Dorothy Squires official website

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]