Sunday 18 August 2013

Bladmuziek



Another quick compilation of the latest "newer" music to cross my consciousness is due, methinks...

I first heard this wondrous number a couple of months ago, but, still pondering on all things Dutch after our fab weekend in the 'Dam last week, I realise I haven't yet featured the latest from Holland's finest (and house fave here at Dolores Delargo Towers) Miss Caro Emerald. It's a bit of an anthem for my life...


Taking a trip from the sassy campness of the Netherlands to the electro-dance music wonderland that is Sweden, here's the new single from the lovely Oh Land. It's rather hypnotic:


One that was introduced to me (once again) by the lovely Henry at Barbarella's Galaxy, with one of the cleverest videos I have seen in a long time, is the rather fab Safe and Sound by Capital Cities:


Father Tiger, a gay LA duo led by the incredibly cute singer Greg Delson, has released a most catchy new single First Love (a portion of the iTunes proceeds of which will be donated to fight for marriage equality in the USA). You really must watch this wonderful video through to the end...


Cranking things up a level, here's a sexy new production by former Kazaky collaborator the Greek wannabee-sex-bomb Andreas for his new single Another World. Meaty, beaty big and bouncy - I love it!


We have been in mourning here at the Towers since we learned that the uber-kitsch BearForce 1 had split up. However - joy of joys! - their former singer, Belfast-born Robert Brown, now known as Circuit21, is back in business, with a remix of his new single - a cover of the EG Daily Hi-NRG classic Love in the Shadows - by DJ Cahill, no less. This is truly fabulous...


And finally... after a gap of 22 years, the long-awaited third release in the Music of Quality and Distinction series from the Martyn Ware (of Heaven 17 and early Human League fame) side project British Electric Foundation has been released! These collections - the first of which way back in 1982 is an all-time fave, and was responsible for the massive relaunch of Tina Turner's career in the 80s - feature contemporary artists providing a new "spin" on old (and often obscure) songs.

With its spooky themed video, from Music of Quality and Distinction volume 3 Dark (which also features Sandie Shaw, Andy Bell, Boy George, Sarah Jane Morris and Green Gartside among others) here's our very own Kim Wilde covering Stevie Wonder's Every Time I See You I Go Wild - fang-tastic!


As ever, enjoy - and let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah, a new batch! Some great things here, as always. I love Father Tiger and I quite like the British Electric Foundation one (mostly because of Kimmy, of course. I somewhat surprisingly like the Circuit21 track (although memories of scary BearForce 1 videos are now rushing through my brain). And the song from Andreas is rather excellent!

    The video for the first one doesn´t work for me, will have to try and find another file. The only one of the batch that doesn´t quite grab me is the Oh Land one, can't say it does much for me. The same can not be said for the Capital Cities one - I really do like that track and I agree, the video is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've replaced the Caro Emerald - it's always a mistake to past anything except YouTube videos, they never work as well.

      Glad you liked the selection! I almost jumped for joy at the end of the Father Tiger one, and I absolutely adore BearForce 1 (hoo! ha!), so finding Circuit21 made my day... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]