Saturday 24 August 2013

Eastern eye



We're off for a guided tour of the fantastic Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology today, and I can think of few better ways to spend a damp, humid afternoon.

To accompany the day's adventure, let's take a musical trip to a more modern Egypt (in happier days, given its current civil strife), and have a bit of a bop with one of their finest singers Sa'd El Soghayar - surrounded as he is (and we would like to be) by the cream of Egyptian totty and some rather camp ladies - and Ya Rab Kol El Banat Tetgawez:


Youm sa'eed!

Indeed.

3 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to point this place out. In all my visits to London I've never heard of this place. Admission is free, amazing. Would love to know if it's worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is simply one of the most marvellous, atmospheric and absorbing museums I have ever visited - sadly under-promoted and therefore even many Londoners don't even know it is there. Indeed, my sister and her husband had never been until yesterday... Jx

      Delete
  2. When I get a chance to visit London again I'm going to put this on the top of my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]