Friday 29 November 2013

The return of the ultimate Patron Saint





From the BBC:
Angela Lansbury is to appear on the London stage for the first time in almost 40 years in a new production of Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit.

She will reprise the role of Madame Arcati, which she first played on Broadway in 2009, winning a Tony Award.

The 88-year-old has not appeared in the West End since 1974, when she played the lead role in the Sondheim's Gypsy.

Her return to the West End is limited to 15 weeks, after which she must return to the US for a wedding.
I think we may well be camping out (oo-er) for tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime theatrical spectacular!

I am Angela Lansbury...

Gielgud Theatre

8 comments:

  1. I love that woman, how fabulous she is about to return to the stage at 88!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing there in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope she isn't working because she has to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I doubt she's doing it for the money... Jx

      Delete
  4. Yeah we have tickets.
    and how kind of her to play me !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how I look forward to seeing her on stage playing the "Madam" - or is is "Madame"? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]