Sunday 22 June 2014

Sweet Bird of Youth - the musical?



The Mighty Miss Meryl Streep (eighteen-times-Oscar-nominated, she won twice) blows out 65 candles on her cake today. Bloody hell...

I do adore the woman, despite all the sniping she gets from jealous critics - Silkwood, Out of Africa, Postcards from the Edge, The Devil Wears Prada, Julie & Julia, The Iron Lady, I loved them all!

Here she is in a scene I must admit I had forgotten from the fantabulosa Death Becomes Her (co-starring Goldie Hawn; a camp classic) - her song-and-dance number from "Sweet Bird of Youth - the Musical".

I wouldn't walk out on her...


Meryl Streep (born Mary Louise Streep; 22nd June 1949)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen nearly all of her films (nor do I want to), but I think she's an excellent actress - especially in her more comedic roles. Death Becomes Her has to be my favorite film of hers, but I also loved her in Silkwood, She-Devil, The Devil Wears Prada etc. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death Becomes Her is full of wonderful campness: "Make-up is pointless! It does nothing anymore. Are you even listening to me? Do you even care? You just stand there with your twenty-two year old skin and your tits like rocks and laugh at me." Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]