Friday 8 August 2014

Dress you like a queen



With my birthday weekend looming - around twenty people will be descending on Regent's Park for my and my sister's annual celebratory picnic tomorrow (fingers crossed for the weather!) - we need something particularly sparkly to get the party started.

What better than the fabulously kitsch Pan's People, and yet another of their "literal interpretive dance routines" of a disco classic?

On this, the 65th birthday of one of the group's founding members Airrion Love, it's the Stylistics as you (and probably they) never imagined - Thank Disco It's Friday!

[Forgive the Xmas theme...]

If I had money I'd go wild
Buy you furs
Dress you like a queen
And in a chauffeured limousine
We'd look so fine.


I certainly hope so!

Stylistics official website

6 comments:

  1. looming birthdays....no doubt you'll weave quite the gala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully with better choreography than Legs & Co... Jx

      Delete
  2. It's just like Busby Berkley, but with no budget and no talented dancers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Berkeley was probably spinning in his grave... Jx

      Delete
  3. Hope you and everyone have gorgeous weather for the picnic - it feels warm and sunny out there so far.
    Have a wonderful Birthday weekend dear xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed - we'll have fun, no matter the weather! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]