Thursday 20 November 2014

I walk in shadows, searching for light



“As I walk this land with broken dreams
I have visions of many things
But happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion
What becomes of the broken hearted?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
Maybe.

The roots of love grow all around
But for me they come a-tumblin' down.
Every day heartaches grow a little stronger,
I can't stand this pain much longer!
I walk in shadows,
Searching for light.
Cold and alone,
No comfort in sight.
Hoping and praying for someone who'll care,
Always moving and goin' nowhere.

What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find,
Some kind of peace of mind.
Help me.”



RIP Jimmy Lee Ruffin (7th May 1936 – 17th November 2014)

3 comments:

  1. Not one of my fave singers but he produced some classics of that period.
    R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular one remains unassailable, in my opinion... Jx

      Delete
    2. agreed. One of the greatest songs of all time. Period. RIP Jimmy

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]