Wednesday 5 November 2014

Right to choose?



In a week when, among tragedies and wars, we have had such news items as these:
...so the American "mid-term" elections have seen an influx of assorted right-wing homophobes and loonies win power across the "Land of the Free", including several (not all) of these delightful individuals:
This song from the Fun Boy Three seems appropriate:


The lunatics have taken over the asylum, take away my right to choose
The lunatics have taken over the asylum, take away my point of view
The lunatics have taken over the asylum
The lunatics have taken over the asylum, take away my dignity,
Take these things away from me
The lunatics have taken over the asylum
The lunatics have taken over the asylum, take away my family,
Take away the right to speak
The lunatics have taken over the asylum take away my point of view,
Take away my right to choose


Indeed.

US Republicans win control of the Senate.

4 comments:

  1. Always loved The Fun Boy Three... not so keen on the political lunatics though.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only Terry Hall were Prime Minister. Jx

      Delete
  2. A dark day here in the states, but never fear -- we've merely given the GOP enough rope to hang itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us hope that rope is long and strong, given some of the opinions expressed by some of those victorious candidates. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]