Monday 19 January 2015

That ain't what it takes to love me



"I went into a restroom in Los Angeles years ago, and this girl said, ‘Oh, I want you to tell me, does that really hurt?’ I was like, ‘What? Does what hurt?’ She said, ‘Like, when they take your ribs out.’” Dolly sounded incredulous. ‘Take my ribs out? I was just gonna order ribs for dinner! What are you talking about?’ And then she said, ‘Wait, didn’t you and Cher have your ribs taken out to make your waists look little?’ I said, ‘No, my waist is little because nothing grows in the shade!’"

"I know I look totally artificial, but I'd like to think I'm real where it really counts."


It's the Patron Saint of Rhinestones, Miss Dolly Parton's birthday today. Yee-hah!

To ease ourselves out into the cold of this Tacky Music Monday, here's the lady herself (dressed as Lolita with a lollipop!), duetting with Jim Stafford on his most famous hit:


Have a good week, y'all...

Dolly Rebecca Parton (born 19th January 1946)

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]