Monday 10 August 2015

I'll make you so proud of me


Bottoms up!

Such celebrations. On this day were born such unlikely bed-fellows as Norma Shearer, Alexander Glazunov, Rosanna Arquette, Martha Hyer, Herbert Hoover, Jack Haley ("the Tin Man" in The Wizard of Oz), sex god Antonio Banderas, Rhonda Fleming, Patti Austin, Baroness Butler-Sloss, former England rugby captain Lawrence Dallaglio, Eddie Fisher, Justin Theroux, the much-missed Kate O'Mara...and ME!

Also sharing our birthday is Miss Ronnie Spector. However, this being a Tacky Music Monday, I thought it somewhat appropriate to let our Patron Saint Miss Bette Midler take the stand to sing Miss Spector's most famous hit from her Ronettes days...


Champagne all round, I'd say...

9 comments:

  1. Hearty happy birthday wishes from across the pond, Jon. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday - I've no idea how I ended up on your site but I always enjoy visiting. PS are you going to do a tribute to David Nobbs on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a regular reader of my "Museum of Camp" site, I am very pleased to welcome you over here, my dear... Jx

      Delete
    2. H thanks very much. It's starting to feel like no one has properly died until you mention it.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! And thanks for your fabulous blogs, they always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]