Saturday 10 October 2015

Don't let me out of here



Another piece of our early years has gone - following close on the heels of "household names" here in the UK Gordon Honeycombe and Hugh Scully - with news of the death of Jim Diamond.

Mr Diamond may not have been on our telly screens for decades like the other two, but his music was around at the cusp of my "leaving school/going to clubs/starting work/coming-out" years, mainly memorable for two songs...

...first, with his band PhD way back in 1982 (with one of the cheesiest videos ever!):


...and the solo one that had the whole country sobbing at Xmas 1984:


Cheerful soul, wasn't he?

RIP James "Jim" Diamond (28th September 1951 – 10th October 2015)

4 comments:

  1. Sad news - two great singles is better than most of us will be remembered for x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All together now - " I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I shoulda known better"... Jx

      Delete
  2. I only knew him for "I Should Have Known Better" - a rather good song. RIP

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]