Friday 2 December 2016

Passion and love and sex and money, violence, religion, injustice and death



Had his life not been cut so tragically short, the magnificently creative fashionista Gianni Versace would have been 70 years old today.



With the weekend looming, there is really only one dancy choon that is appropriate to play on this milestone day. To get our traditional party started, here's Pet Shop Boys and the song that was famously used as the theme for the BBC's Clothes Show - Paninaro:


Passion and love and sex and money
Violence, religion, injustice and death

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

Girls, boys, art, pleasure
Girls, boys, art, pleasure

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

Food, cars, travel
Food, cars, travel, travel
New York, New York, New York
New York

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

Armani, Armani, ah-ah-Armani
Versace, cinque

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

Armani, Armani, ah-ah-Armani
Versace, cinque

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

I don't like country-and-western
I don't like rock music
I don't like, I don't like rockabilly or rock 'n' roll particularly
Don't like much really, do I?
But what I do like I love passionately

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh

You, you're my lover, you're my hope, you're my dreams
my life, my passion, my love, my sex, my money
violence, religion, injustice and death

Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
Don't like much really, do I?
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh
But what I do like I love passionately
Paninaro, Paninaro, oh, oh, oh


I love it passionately.

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, peeps...

Giovanni Maria Versace (2nd December 1946 – 15th July 1997)

4 comments:

  1. I have always adored Paninaro in its many remixes, and that super live version in their Rio concert, with those dancing musclemen. But then we love The Pets - esp also Love Comes Quickly. I have almost everything of theirs, the albums, the B-sides, the remixes, love that style, and they keep going into their 60s ... loved their residency at The Savoy back in 97 - among other appearances. Very Pet Shop Boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unsurprisingly, we too have just about everything in the Pets' back-catalogue, including that Rio concert. As you can tell from the fact that this is post #29 about them, we adore the Pets..! Jx

      Delete
    2. It was great too to see Chris Lowe step up to take the lead and is so engaging here. Their work with Dusty, Liza, Bowie etc is endlessly fascinating too - their Liza album at the time was her best work in years and reinvented her.

      Delete
    3. They gave Dusty, too, some of her finest moments of her own "renaissance"... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]