Saturday 5 August 2017

That's the way...



We're off on our travels - only as far as Essex, admittedly; no passports needed - for the RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show with Baby Steve and Houseboy Alex. The weather looks like it will be fine and dry, and all's well with the world.

It would also have been the birthday today of that most amazing "triumph of art over nature", Mr Pete Burns of Dead or Alive - so let's have an appropriate send-off with their very first hit! Lord knows what KC made of this...


When you take me by the hand
Tell me I'm your loving man
When you give me all your love
And do it the very best you can


Mummy, I'm scared.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun in the flowers! (Are you taking a van to bring back all your purchases in?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of being able to see the show, and so grateful for seeing such an early version of Mlle. Burns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, Miss Burns before the face-mangling was one of the dramatis personae to whom I aspired to emulate when I came out in 1984 - shock, shock, and more shock was very much my mission - but seeing what a sad fucker he became towards the end was rather an eye-opener.

      Back in the real world, the flower show was almost "Tilling-worthy", had it not been for the presence of the denizens of 2017 Essex rather than those of a 1920s cinque port... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]