Wednesday 9 August 2017

You're the Top(per)!



The countdown to Amsterdam this weekend may have started somewhat late, dear reader - but who else would we ever choose to begin the party than...

...de Toppers?!!

Definitely the campest thing since gesneden brood, they have sold out the massive Amsterdam Arena twenty-eight times since 2005 - and their sequin-clad tickets are many times over-subscribed every year. It is still our ambition to get to one of their spectacular shows one day, however. And it's not difficult to see why we desperately want to be there...

...all together, now!


De Toppers on Wikipedia

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could handle so much Teutonic high spirits. And am I right in thinking lots of their lyrics consist of "La la la la la. Lala,"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they do start singing in Dutch it's completely unpronounceable anyway, so just as well there's lots of "La-la-las", really. Jx

      Delete
  2. I wish I was going with you to Amsterdam. How could I possibly need another trip. Are you taking any gold lame pants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might go find out if De Toppers have an outlet shop for their old stage costumes... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]