Monday 4 September 2017

That's plain to see!



It's raining. The bloody foxes have discovered a route in and out of the garden via the bedroom windowsill (despite the "prickle strip" we have laid on it) so we have crashing and banging noises in the middle of the night, every night, at the moment - until I get a shotgun. And it's time to go back to work, and straight into a very dull meeting.

Ho hum. But life isn't all "kvetching"...

...it's Our Patron Saint of Shimmying Miss Mitzi Gaynor's birthday today! So on this Tacky Music Monday, let's once again give the floor over to the fantabulosa lady and her "safety gays":


Everybody loves my baby
But my baby don't love nobody but me
Nobody but me
Yes
Everybody wants my baby
But my baby don't want nobody but me
That's plain to see!


Now that, dear reader, is the way to start a week...

Many happy returns, Mitzi Gaynor (born Francesca Marlene de Czanyi von Gerber, 4th September 1931)

4 comments:

  1. At least the foxes won't be eating your plants - They don't trample them, do they?

    Happy birthday, Ms Gaynor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foxes are truly evil. They have, in their time, dug up and chewed to bits whole pots of Regal Lilies and Delphiniums, completely destroyed one of our two Cordylines, dug holes all over the beds, dug out the soil and buried whole raw eggs in our pots, and left us a high-heeled shoe buried in the middle of our daffodils! Between them and the bloody squirrels, they ruin a lot of our hard work. I need a shotgun. Jx

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain, We have moles, which will eat the roots of any smallish annual that might be lending a little color. I still remember boiling with fury as I watched a Gazania I was very taken by suddenly start shaking and when I went up to see what could be going on, there was nothing left but leaves and stem. It looked like they had sheared the roots off with a knife

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]