Friday 3 November 2017

Champagne for Lulu!



Eddie Monsoon: "Lulu! What would you like, Lulu?"
Lulu: "Three courses and a pudding, and don't talk to me."
Eddie: "Champagne for Lulu! Fantastic, isn't it? Like a reunion.
...You know what you need? You need a really good publicity machine. Who does your PR?"


Lulu: "You do."

And here - fresh from The "Edina Monsoon PR agency", sweetie! - is the birthday girl herself:


Many happy returns, Miss Lulu Kennedy-Cairns OBE (born Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie, 3rd November 1948) - and Thank Disco It's Friday!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a little fond on Lulu's Hurt Me Some Bad dance from a few years back.

    Ready for the weekend now 🍸🍸🍸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one I had to look up - a pretty good song, especially with its "Almighty" remix (the same DJs who resurrected Cher's career with Believe - I don't think it was much of a hit over here. Just like Eddie Monsoon, I thought Lulu's recording career just petered out after the mega-hit Independence... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I need to watch the Ab Fab movie again, now.

    Happy birthday, Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession time: I haven't even seen the movie yet...

      I never have been a massive cinema-goer (unless it's on at the BFI, I tend to wait till it's on telly). Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]