Saturday 30 December 2017

Arise...



Alongside the likes of Sir Barry Gibb, Sir Ringo Starr and Dame Darcey Bussell; Companions of Honour Lady Antonia Fraser and Lord Melvyn Bragg; and Hugh Laurie CBE, Julia McKenzie CBE, Jilly Cooper CBE, Rick Stein CBE and Susan Hampshire CBE...



...three cheers go out to Our Patron Saint Marc Almond OBE!


Worship me now

Come here in my chamber
Recline on the velvet
I've been waiting for years
And it's high time you felt it
In the arms of your worshipped master
Arms that can break you
And create you after

Worship me now,
Beat the rush, beat the crowd
You've got to worship me now


We do, Marc. We do.

The New Year's Honours List in full.

10 comments:

  1. How I adore Ms Marc. When I first saw him, my thought was immediately "Oh no, Not ANOTHER One," fearing the photo was the lead in to his obit. And then there was your year end wrap up. Chills, darling, chills.

    Also, back on this plane of existence, Marx looks like Nosferatu from some angles. Don't tell him I said that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd appreciate the comparison, I'm sure - he has done songs about serial killers before... Jx

      Delete
  2. Now on OBE is nice but Dame Marc Almond does have a certain ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be on the cards soon, no doubt :-)

      Jx

      Delete
  3. I've always held a torch...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Sweetie!!
    SXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "She is the torch
      And she is the theme
      She could be a dream but
      Oh boy - is she real
      Try to avoid her eyes
      To avoid her words
      They will hit you
      With all that you feel"


      Happy 2018 to you too, dear!

      Jx

      Delete
  4. I don't imagine he thought he'd ever end up meeting the Queen when he was recording Sex Dwarf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine HM The Queen thought so either :-)

      "I'm a Rolls Royce
      Look its so huge!
      It's big and it's gold
      With my dumb chauffeur
      Looking to procure
      Run little doggie
      Lure a disco dolly
      Run my little sex dwarf"


      So different, so very different from the home life of our own dear Queen. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]